1118 Centaur Circle #D Lafayette, CO 80026
cell: 303.345.8893 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IT professional with over 20 years experience in databases and programming. Very experienced in database design, architecture, administration and web-based access. Software development experience in database applications using PHP, Perl, Java, Visual Basic, Access, among others, on Linux and Windows platforms. Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
Achievements and Accomplishments
- Institute for Behavioral Genetics (IBG) at Univ of Colorado. Technical manager and sole designer/developer for web-based custom database to store all data for the institute (2004)
- Center for Advanced Decision Support for Water and Environmental Systems (CADSWES) at Univ of Colorado
- Programmed Java and C database applications (real time telemetry data loader; GUI editor for database browser); system administrator, performed backups/file restores for entire Center. (2003)
- MS in Telecommunications from University of Colorado at Boulder:
- Masters thesis built network management tool using open source components (2002)
- Winner of ICA national competition for student paper on telecommunications policy (1999)
- Lucent Technologies: Implemented corporate intranet website that centralized management information on product compliance in single database that was previously spread across six offices on four continents (1999)
- Wagers and Associates, Inc.: Lead programmer for standalone data entry module that interfaced to database system dedicated to state government unclaimed property management (1997)
- The Anschutz Corporation: computerized economic evaluation procedure for wildcat oil wells for major Western oil exploration company (1985)
SQL Experience: PostGreSQL, Oracle, PL/SQL; Perl DBI; MySql; Access; JDBC; ODBC.
Development tools: Github, vi, make, CVS, Rational Rose, DataArchitect, InstallShield, SourceSafe, Cold Fusion.
Technical support and system administration: Experienced system administration in Unix environment: cPanel, PHPPgAdmin, shell scripts using Unix tools.
Homer Energy (homerenergy.com), Boulder, CO: May-Dec 2016.
DevOps support engineer.
Optum Corporation (optum.com), Broomfield, CO: May-Nov 2015.
DevOps support engineer.
Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education (WICHE wiche.edu), Boulder, CO: Dec 2013-June 2014.
Software engineer working on Drupal and MS Access projects.
Institute for Behavioral Genetics (IBG, ibg.colorado.edu), University of Colorado Boulder, CO October 2004 – November 2013
Center for Advanced Decision Support for Water and Environmental Systems (CADSWES), University of Colorado Boulder, CO June 1999 – July 2003
Database Programmer and System Administrator: Java developer and system administrator. Programmed Java and C applications on an Oracle database using JDBC, Oracle ProC, XML. Platforms: UNIX, Windows. (cadswes.colorado.edu)
productBuzz.com Boulder, CO Nov 1999 – Nov 2000
Database programmer (part-time) for dot com startup, while attending graduate school at CU-Boulder. Developed software that translated website logs into reports and graphs to inform management and advertising decisions, using Perl, Unix cron, ODBC, MS Access and Excel, to connect Oracle back-end database to front-end Windows clients.
Lucent Technologies Westminster, CO June 1998 – March 1999
Webmaster and Database Programmer: Lead developer on distributed database project: built website/database that centralized publication of internal product compliance data, which networked six offices in four countries using Lucent’s intranet. Platform: Win NT, MS IIS, MS Access, Cold Fusion.
Wagers & Associates, Inc. Boulder , CO August 1996 – June 1998
Database programmer/analyst for software company that licensed integrated database application to state governments for managing unclaimed property. Platform: MS Foxpro
Fowler Software Design Eldorado Springs , CO June 1994 – August 1996
Database programmer/analyst for firm that developed custom database applications for local firms. Managed individual customer accounts for software development and support. Platform: MS FoxPro, Unix C++.
Bookkeeper (self-employed), Lafayette, CO Mar 2003 – Oct 2004 (full-time), Nov 2004 – Aug 2008 (part-time)
Certified Quickbooks bookkeeper. Worked for various local small businesses as contract bookkeeper full-time until September 2004. Part-time bookkeeper for the non-profit Intercambio de Comunidades 2004-2008
Economics Instructor (part-time), Front Range Community College, Westminster, CO Sept 2009 – present
Teach college level environmental economics online.
Economics Instructor (full-time), Western State College, Gunnison, CO Jan 1992 – May 1992
Taught three college level economics courses to undergraduates.
University of Colorado, MS, Telecommunications, 2002.
Colorado School of Mines, graduate studies, Mineral Economics,1982-1984.
University of Pennsylvania, MA, Economics (Regional Science), 1981.
Southern Illinois University, BS, Design Science, minor: Mathematics, 1977.
Conversant in French. Studying Spanish.
Colorado Mountain Club (cmcboulder.org): rock climbing instructor, 2005-2013; webmaster and Council member, 2004-present.